>> Monday, February 8, 2010
How are you going, mate?
I've been REALLY REALLY busy with lots of things lately. I'm going off to Australia in exactly 2 days time for my 2nd and 3rd year degree. I'm really excited to go but with things as it is now, I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye to Malaysia yet.
Here's a list of people and things I'm going to miss...
- My family... (my parents Mike and Lily, my Lucifer reincarnated brother Don, my loving godparents, my cool aunt Pearly whose middle finger is popular now, my mahjong family in Johor and my Melaka and KL cousins)
- My girlfriend who has put up with lots of my crap over this past year, not many can survive this but somehow she did. More amazingly, I survived her!
- My gang (I am so lucky to have a bunch of loyal, supportive and caring friends - will be elaborating this in my next post)
- My friends (thanks for the wishes and support)
- My lecturers and teachers who have made me what I am today, without them, I wont be writing this in the first place.
- I'm also gonna miss Malaysian food. Tell me where else can get roti canai for 70 cents or wan tan mee for RM2.20? Not only the cheapest, but Malaysian food is the best! Too bad a plate of Nasi Lemak costs AUD9 in Australia.... that's like rm30 a plate. Wtf right? Dun believe click here
- Malaysian clothings. Not talking bout cultural or traditional ones. But clothings in general. Ya, this is what I actually think - Asians have better style than Westerners (especially students). Sometimes we tend to get overboard... but better overdressed, than under.
- The weather... not so much. I dislike the humid weather we have in Malaysia, especially this few days when it's blazing hot, even in the evening. I prefer to be cold all the time coz it suits my reptilian skin. The grass is greener on the other side, ay mate?
- Lastly, I'm gonna miss Malaysian beaches... where everyone wears something (:P)
- More things to miss when I'm actually there...
Shampoo and body scrub. Juz 1 bottle each to last for the first month while I settle down.
Toothbrush and toothpaste.
My secret to photoshop free skin - use 2 kind of facial wash twice a day. The weather in Austalia can be really dry, so must pack face moisturizer, better yet with spf 20 and above. O ya, unfortunately lip balm is needed too, even for guys.
Body sprays. Perfumes given by my girlfriend and aunt. Armpit anti-stink spraying device from watsons.
2. Contact lenses.
6 months supply of Freshkon contact lenses, Renu multiplus solution and eye moisturizer.
Hoods from Romp design.
More Tees from Romp.
Black, white and blue jeans. Bought partly for new year too.
White and checkered shorts from Times Square KL.
Clothes from my fav store, Jefferson. Saw it today in the new Jusco Melaka and chiong-ed in. I even got a lifetime member card. Too late huh?
We can never have enough of this. I know it says M size, but I have small waist k... =.=
4. Cultural clothings.
We're actually required to bring this to Austalia to showcase our Malaysian culture.
I've already got my Baju Melayu and got all the datins to swoon around me...
So I thought that with this Chinese Kung Fu shirt, I will be able to get Australian-asian chicks to swoon around me xD
I just need this, swimming shorts from Sun Paradise.
and my new sports shoe for jogging and gym.
Jackets, gloves and scarf to withstand 7 degrees winter in Australia. Not that cold actually.
7. Finally, a big luggage to fit all
Maximum weight to Australia is 20kg, any extra weight will be charged rm88 per kg! But if Im not mistaken, with my enrich card, I can get 5 kg extra weight F.O.C :D
That's it for now.
There are more things to pack such as my endless documents.
So I'll be signing off now to grab some tucker. G'day mate!
Can anyone translate that?